Spice up your Guy Fawkes celebrations with this cheesy Bonfire Night recipe
It’s almost that time of year again, when the nights draw in and we concentrate on the traditional ceremonies that winter has to offer. Here in Yorkshire we have always associated the festival of Bonfire Night with feasting as well as fires, so whether you’re heading out to watch a fireworks display or having a bonfire of your own, add a little spice to your evening with this delicious extra cheesy burrito recipe.
The combination of Pilgrims Choice extra mature cheddar, onions and homemade guacamole makes this moreish dish perfect for sharing with family and friends.
A simple and quick recipe that is delightfully filling and a perfect pick-me-up for the colder nights.
- 1 pack of whole-wheat tortilla wraps
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 400g re-fried beans
- 100ml sour cream
- 1 lemon
- 200g tub of salsa
- 120g Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar
- 1 onion
- 1 crisp cos lettuce
- ½ cucumber
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- A clove of garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- Heat the wraps in a large frying pan and keep warm
- To make the guacamole, start by mashing the avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice, crushed garlic and a little chilli
- Grate the Pilgrims Choice extra mature cheddar and onion, and then mix together
- Heat the re-fried beans in a pan
- Next spread the warm beans on the wraps followed by the Pilgrims Choice extra mature cheddar and onion mix
- To finish serve with the home made guacamole, sour cream, salsa and crisp chopped salad