Chewy, Chocolaty, and Simply Delicious!
There is a big, doughy mass of easy chocolate cookies recipes available online in numerous cookbooks. Believe me I’ve tried many but nothing compares to the easy cookie recipe I have for you here.
Simply mix, wrap, slice, and bake. It’s that easy!
These super tasty and easy-to-make cookies are fantastic for using up random bits of chocolate you have in the pantry and a sure-fire way to add something special to the dreary old lunch box.
These easy and pleasing cookies are chewy, chocolaty, and simply delicious!
Easy Chocolate Cookies – Recipe
250g plain flour
Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
170g unsalted butter, melted
200g dark brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
1 egg yolk
150g milk chocolate
75g white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Sieve together the flour bicarbonate of soda and salt
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, both sugars, and the seeds from the vanilla pod
- Beat the egg and egg yolk together and add to the sugar and butter mixture together with the sieved dry ingredients
- Once combined, add in the chopped chocolate and mix
- Roll the cookie dough into a sausage shape about 5cm wide
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for a couple of hours to harden
- Slice the cookie dough at 2cm intervals and place on a baking tray, giving plenty of room for each cookie to spread
- Bake for 16 minutes
- Place on a baking tray to cool
Now you have a treat that didn’t require your blood, sweat, and tears. Curl up with these tasty, chewy morsels and a cold glass of milk as you let the day’s worries melt away!