FORSTER SQUARE TO DISH UP STREET FOOD FEAST AT FIRST POP-UP FESTIVAL
The news that Forster Square will bring street food flavours from across the globe to Bradford this weekend (1st & 2nd July) with its first pop-up foodie festival kind of got me thinking, what’s the street food that would make me go weak at the knee’s?
To be fair it could change from month to month but at the moment it’s most certainly Buffalo Chicken Wings, I absolutely love them! crispy chicken skins, tender chicken smothered in a sauce that has the heat of chilli and the tang of vinegar brought together with the richness of butter is a thing of absolute beauty and when you accompany that with a blue cheese dip, wow!!! Taste Sensation!!
So here’s my recipe for the most amazing Buffalo Chicken Wings ever!!
Buffalo Chicken Wings Ingredients:
- 10 Chicken Wings
- 40g salted butter
- 120ml Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 100g Blue Cheese
- 100ml sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/s tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare Chicken Wings by removing and discarding of the wing tip and seperating the drumette from the wingette, you should be left with 20 pieces.
- Heat a large pan filled half way with vegetable oil.
- Once the oil reaches temperature batch cook the wings for 12 minutes, turning occasionally
- Meanwhile gently melt the butter on a very low heat before adding the vinegar and hot sauce and combining to form the perfect sauce consistancey
- Remove the wings from the oil and toss in the sauce and set aside
- To make the blue cheese dip combine the cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and serve in a ramekin deep enough to dip the wing in.
- Serve and indulge.
It really is a simple dish that makes a huge impact! But if you want to leave it up to somebody else to tantalise your tastebuds then maybe a trip to Bradford this weekend might be in order.
Eats from the Streets will see artisan vendors serve up a whole host of cuisines from around the world – from tasty Indian Halal dishes from Pavs Dhaba to traditional Italian pizza and loaded American hot dogs.
Unlike other food festivals, visitors will be able to tuck into their food on board a converted double decker Routemaster bus, which has been transformed into a dining area.
Vanessa Lewis, centre manager, said: “The Eats from the Streets concept was borne out of the pop-up festival and street food trends. The event also allows us to support local traders alongside our national retailers.”
“We’re really looking forward to bringing new and exciting flavours from across the globe to shoppers’ doorsteps – giving people the chance to sample the latest cuisine in a really fun and informal setting.”
Independent vendors confirmed include Horse Box Pizza Co., Pavs Dhaba (traditional Indian snacks), Little Somboon Kitchen (Thai food), Yorkshire T’pas (Yorkshire puddings with gourmet fillings) and Lets Eat (halloumi and falafels).
We hope to see you there!!
For more information visit >>> www.ForsterSquare.co.uk