Tagliatelle with roast lamb recipe
Sparkling drink Shloer has teamed up with chef Phil Vickery to offer Yorkshire Pudd readers a selection of delicious recipes following the launch of www.enjoysundaylunch.com, a new website of inspirational recipes, top tips and offers, encouraging friends and family to get together and enjoy the most important meal of the week, Sunday lunch.
This week we share Phil’s recipe for easy roast lamb with tomatoes, peppers, courgettes and tagliatelle.
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time:2 hours in total
- 1kg leg of British lamb, boned and laid flat
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and chopped into 3cm pieces
- 2 yellow peppers, de-seeded and chopped into 3cm pieces
- 2 medium courgettes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes cut into quarters, seeds removed
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
- 350g cooked tagliatelle
- 50g salted butter
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Puncture the lamb all over with a small sharp knife, then break off 2cm pieces of rosemary and garlic into the puncture holes. Sit the leg onto scrunched up foil in a roasting tin then place in the oven and cook for 1 and ½ hours.
- After 1 and ½ hours has passed remove the lamb from the oven, wrap in foil and leave to rest for 40 minutes. This will give you a perfectly cooked, pink leg of lamb.
- Meanwhile bring a large pan of water to the boil, add plenty of salt and then re-boil. One by one place all the vegetables into the pan and re-boil for 1 minute, then refresh in cold water to remove the heat. Drain the vegetables thoroughly into a colander and leave to rest.
- Next heat olive oil in a frying pan, add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes until they take a little colour, before adding the rest of the cooked vegetables and cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally add more olive oil, fresh tomatoes and basil and just warm through.
- Serve with the sliced leg of lamb and cooked tagliatelle – follow cooking instructions on pack.