Great twist of no added butter or oil
What’s the first thing that springs to mind when we say “salad”? Limp lettuce, cheerless cucumber, spring onions that have seen better days? Well not anymore… Banish boring, samey salads to the dark ages and come out shouting with this fresh and zesty delight – Citrus Salmon Salad.
Combining fresh and healthy summer salad leaves, with succulent salmon and tasty new potatoes, this dish will fill you up as well as leave you feeling refreshed and energised.
- 200g new potatoes
- 2 salmon fillets (skinless/boneless)
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2.5cm piece of fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- Half red chilli (deseeded and chopped)
- 2 tsp lemongrass paste
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- 60g cashew nuts
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6
- Bring a large pan of boiling water to the boil and add new potatoes. Return to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until just cooked through. Drain and set aside to cool. Once cooled, cut into halves.
- Line a roasting tin with a sheet of Bacofoil, dull side up. Place the salmon in the tin and season well with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make a dressing by whisking together the oil, ginger, chilli, lemongrass paste, coriander, honey and lemon juice. Break up the salmon fillets into bite-sized chunks and arrange on two plates with the salad leaves and new potatoes. Scatter over the nuts and spoon over the dressing.
- Enjoy! Serves two.
Bacofoil has teamed up with leading nutritionist, Sarah Schenker, to recreate all your favourite home-cooked recipes with the great twist of no added butter or oil, thanks to Bacofoil Non-Stick.