It’s hard to beat a classic, but these individual cheese and onion pies are ideal for anyone looking to indulge in a taste of nostalgia.
Packed with moreish Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar, and with a hint of heat from wholegrain mustard, these are the perfect bake for British Pie Week (2 to 8 March).
- 1 pack of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 180g Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- A little milk
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, and use a cutter to fit your pie tins
- Grate the onion and Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar into a bowl
- Add the mustard and a little milk, stir well, and then fill the pie tins
- Cut out pie tops making sure the edges are sealed and there is a little opening in the top of each pie
- Brush with milk and bake for approximately 25 minutes at 190°C