Craving a mouthwatering chicken burger that’s irresistibly crispy and bursting with flavour? Look no further! In this delectable recipe, we’re going to show you how to create Crispy Chicken Burgers with a zesty twist – Lemon Pepper Mayo, all brought to you by Crisp ‘n Dry. Get ready to indulge in a culinary delight that will leave your taste buds dancing!
- 3 litres of Crisp ‘n Dry (or enough for your deep-fat fryer)
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 6 tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3-4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 bread rolls (such as brioche buns or ciabatta rolls)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Salad leaves
Step 1: Prepping the Chicken
- Begin by halving the chicken breasts horizontally, creating 4 evenly sized pieces.
- Place each piece between parchment paper or cling film and gently flatten the thicker end using a rolling pin. This ensures even cooking.
Step 2: Heating the Oil
- Heat your deep fat fryer to 170ºC. We recommend using Crisp ‘n Dry for that perfect, crispy finish.
Step 3: Making Lemon Pepper Mayo
- Zest a lemon and squeeze its juice into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise with the lemon zest and half of the lemon juice.
- Add ground black pepper to the mayo mixture and adjust the flavour with more lemon juice if desired. Set it aside; this zesty mayo will elevate your burger experience!
Step 4: Coating the Chicken
- In a shallow bowl, combine the plain flour with dried thyme, paprika, ground black pepper, and salt.
- In another shallow bowl, lightly beat an egg.
- Dip each chicken piece into the flour mixture, ensuring they are well coated.
- Then, dip them into the beaten egg, followed by another coat of flour. You can pat the flour on for an extra crispy texture.
Step 5: Frying the Chicken
- Carefully place two pieces of coated chicken into the fryer basket and lower them into the hot oil.
- Fry for approximately 5 minutes, or until they turn beautifully golden and crispy.
- Once done, drain the fried chicken on kitchen paper to remove excess oil and keep them warm. Ensure the meat is cooked through.
- Repeat this step for the remaining two chicken pieces.
Step 6: Assembling Your Burger
- While your chicken is frying, toast your chosen bread rolls to perfection.
- Spread a generous dollop of the zesty Lemon Pepper Mayo onto the base of each bun.
- Add a handful of fresh, crisp lettuce leaves and a couple of slices of juicy tomato.
- Place the golden, crispy chicken on top of the veggies.
- Finish off with the bun lids, and voilà! Your Crispy Chicken Burgers with Lemon Pepper Mayo are ready to be devoured.
Unleash Culinary Magic with Crisp ‘n Dry
These Crispy Chicken Burgers with Lemon Pepper Mayo will become a family favourite. The crispy chicken, combined with the zesty mayo, creates an explosion of flavours that will leave you craving more. Serve them up for a delightful dinner that’s sure to impress! Enjoy your delicious meal brought to you by Crisp ‘n Dry.