Smoked Trout Pate
- Posted on 01/07/2013
- in All Things Yorkshire, Starters, Yorkshire Pudding Recipes
- by Christopher Blackburn
Miniature Lime and Chilli Yorkshire Pudding with Smoked Trout Pate
Smoked fish with Yorkshire Puddings? Not normally high on the recipes to try list I’m sure, but let me sell it to you!
So it’s to Staal Smokehouse we turn, they are an exclusive, award winning, family run business dedicated to delivering the finest smoked products to your door.
Mixed with cream cheese, lime juice, chives, salt and pepper this is unfussy filling, with a minimum amount of ingredients designed to complement each other and pack a punch.
So let’s start with the fish, needing to be of an exceptionally high standard (the ingredients need to do the talking as the pro’s say) The Yorkshires stay relatively simple with just few additions. Our award-winning recipe once again takes centre stage but for this I’ve replaced the Milk with water and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, added to the batter is fresh chilli finally chopped, and for the first time out pops my miniature Yorkshire Pudding tray.
I served these as a Hors d’oeuvre and they went down a storm.
The key to this dish was without doubt the Smoked Trout, I’d highly recommend Staal Smokehouse, remember they’ll deliver straight to your door, give them a try!
For the Pate
- 2 Staal Smokehouse Smoked Trout Fillets
- 125g Cream Cheese
- 1 lime
- Handful of chopped chives
- Salt and Pepper to season
For the Yorkshire Puddings
- Our award winning recipe
- Replace the milk with the juice of 1 lime topped up with water to 300ml
- 1 chilli very finnly chopped
- Mix all Pate ingredients together and season to taste
- Browse our award winning recipe and follow instructions